Subscribe label

Subscribe to the blog by selecting the level desired:

Follow by email

To receive email notices of posts give your email address here:

Scroller

Please share your comments. Let's get some conversations going.

Be sure to subscribe – either as an RSS feed or by the above email subscription

Share posts with others that might benefit from the post

Check the “Labels” list down the right hand side of this page that give general topics that have been commented on

Friday, May 3, 2013

Power naps

Power naps come naturally to some people and there are people that will never get the hang of them but they are invaluable for working with youth.
  • I learned to do them by practicing the old “Transcendental Meditation” system (consciously relaxing feet, then ankles, etc,, keeping in mind the whole time the amount of time the nap is supposed to take (like 15 minutes). The duration of the nap is the last thing thought about when making the head “go away.” I can now, instantaneously, take a nap anytime, anywhere, for any duration.
  • If I look around and see that every thing is under control, I put myself out for a few minutes. This keeps me fresh and energetic.
  • I no longer need an alarm clock on trips, which is handy. However, everyone now has an alarm clock in their cell phone. You can always set your cell phone alarm just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment