Subscribe label

Subscribe to the blog by selecting the level desired:

Follow by email

To receive email notices of posts give your email address here:

Scroller

Please share your comments. Let's get some conversations going.

Be sure to subscribe – either as an RSS feed or by the above email subscription

Share posts with others that might benefit from the post

Check the “Labels” list down the right hand side of this page that give general topics that have been commented on

Friday, October 31, 2014

Being an ADD/ADHD youth worker #11. Structure, routine and list making are important.

List making is one of the most common suggestions from the experts and as long as you factor in the other hints, I agree.
  • This keeps us from getting so far afield that we lose track of some of the things we need to keep track of.
  • For example, if I'm shopping for groceries, I'm in an environment with lots of interesting things to pay attention to. Without a list I will invariably forget things – and come home with who knows what.
  • This also allows setting priorities. My lists are usually on the computer and rank-ordered so that an interesting thing lower on the list will only be visited briefly before I get back to the important stuff.
Routine also keeps us from wandering off and failing to get around to something.
  • I'm in the office at 7, when there are no other distraction.
  • I put on music, and then spend, in order,
  • 15 minutes in a series of prayers (I can't pray for 15 minutes but I can pray for a minute at a time for 15 times...)
  • 15 minutes Bible study
  • 15 minutes reading
  • 15 minutes research
  • 15 minutes email correspondence
  • This way I am sure to get all these things in

No comments:

Post a Comment