Subscribe label

Subscribe to the blog by selecting the level desired:

Follow by email

To receive email notices of posts give your email address here:

Scroller

Please share your comments. Let's get some conversations going.

Be sure to subscribe – either as an RSS feed or by the above email subscription

Share posts with others that might benefit from the post

Check the “Labels” list down the right hand side of this page that give general topics that have been commented on

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Protecting Family time


Not just in theory. We all know this but it is easier said than done. You have to work at this. I think the bare minimum is one day and one evening. If your lives are as busy as most, this takes planning and commitment.
  • Start by working a month in advance. As a family select a day and an evening (beginning with supper) for that week.
  • Enter these in your PDA/calendar
  • (I think I've mentioned before that I used a paper PDA – Daytimer – because if it bounced out of my pocket in an impromptu volleyball game, it didn't break and lose all my appointments. I also have a retrievable record of where I was when, how long and with whom.)
  • When someone comes rushing up to you and says: “Everybody's leaving the youth group and we're all going to die if we don't have a meeting on Wednesday” you can say (calmly and sympathetically) “Hmmm, well, I've got a prior engagement on Wednesday, but I can clear my calendar on Thursday” (You are not required to tell them what you are doing on Wednesday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment