Subscribe label

Subscribe to the blog by selecting the level desired:

Follow by email

To receive email notices of posts give your email address here:

Scroller

Please share your comments. Let's get some conversations going.

Be sure to subscribe – either as an RSS feed or by the above email subscription

Share posts with others that might benefit from the post

Check the “Labels” list down the right hand side of this page that give general topics that have been commented on

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Being an ADD/ADHD youth worker #16: Find the right vocation

We do well in jobs and situations where there is a lot going and a lot of interruptions.
  • I would not be able to hold down a job like many people have. I simply cannot hold still and stay quietly focused on one task for long periods of time.
  • My job as a Minister for Christian Education and Youth suited me fine.
    • There were constant interruptions.
    • There was more to do than I could possibly do
    • The tasks were varied, ranging from Biblical research to a pickup soccer game in the Dining Room.
    • There was structure to the job, but no routine
    • There was little in my job where I have to be completely focused on something for long periods of time or in high-stimuli situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment